Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Only one more day until the Vikings take the field for the final time this preseason. I think many of us are intrigued by the current QB2 ‘battle’, it will be interesting to watch. If Sloter continues to do Sloter things..........well, it’s hard to argue with results (I get the level of competition argument, but you still can’t ignore the fact that the guy gets things done when he’s on the field). I think we may see some position shuffling and/or depth chart changes on the offensive line, which will also be interesting. Beyond those battles, it’s just guys trying to get those precious few open roster spots, catch on with solid special teams play and hope for a shot.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Some comedy gold from Ted, the Vikings have found a solution to their kicking problem.
GreatOdinsRaven posted E37: Pocket Protectors [The Sloter House Rules].
The team released a couple of players yesterday, from Ted. So it begins.
From MSN, Rob Gronkowski had some interesting comments about retirement, a possible return, and more.
He needed a short break from HelmetGate. Antonio Brown got on Twitter and told Ben Rothlisberger to ‘shut up already’, per The Sporting News. The tweet was in response to a recent interview when Rothlisberger shared a bit about last year’s blow-up between the two.
We come to today’s media selection:
I haven’t been playing enough southern rock and 70s classics, let’s change that. Here’s Blackfoot, enjoy!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags\
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the head cheese.