We are now just five days away from the start of the 2019 Preseason schedule for your Minnesota Vikings, as they will travel to New Orleans to take on the Saints on Friday. For those of you that are near the Twin Cities, you will be fortunate enough to be able to see the action live as it occurs.
For those of us that are not close enough for that, and don’t want to find ourselves at the mercy of TEH ILLEGAL STREAMZ, we are mostly reliant on the NFL Network and their willingness to replay every preseason game, even if they do generally take place at ridiculously early times. Or ridiculously late, depending on your perspective.
So, with the start of the games that don’t count upon us, we’ve combed the NFL Network’s schedule to determine when the replays of the games are coming. That way, you can set your alarm, your DVR, or your Mr. Coffee. . .I think Mr. Coffee is still a thing. . .for the appropriate time.
With that, here we go!
Preseason Week 1 - Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints
- Live broadcast - FOX-9, 7:00 PM Central, Friday, 9 August
- NFL Network Replay #1 - 10:00 PM Central, Friday, 9 August
- NFL Network Replay #2 - 12:00 PM Central, Monday, 12 August
Preseason Week 2 - Seattle Seahawks at Minnesota Vikings
- Live broadcast - FOX-9, 7:00 PM Central, Sunday, 18 August (will be nationally televised by FOX as well)
- NFL Network Replay #1 - 2:00 AM Central, Monday, 19 August
- NFL Network Replay #2 - 12:00 PM Central, Wednesday, 21 August
Preseason Week 3 - Arizona Cardinals at Minnesota Vikings
- Live broadcast - NFL Network, 12:00 PM Central, Saturday, 24 August
- NFL Network Replay #1 - 11:00 PM Central, Tuesday, 27 August
- NFL Network Replay #1 - 9:00 AM Central, Thursday, 29 August
Preseason Week 4 - Minnesota Vikings at Buffalo Bills
- Live broadcast - FOX-9, 6:00 PM Central, Thursday, 29 August
- NFL Network Replay #1 - 3:00 AM Central, Friday, 30 August
So far, it looks like there’s just the one replay for the Bills game, but with final cutdowns needing to be completed by 3:00 PM Central on Saturday, 31 August, I’m not sure if anyone’s going to care about that one after that point anyway. I believe I’ve gotten all the broadcasts for the NFL Network, but if I did happen to miss one feel free to share it in the comments section.
As we do every week, as we get closer to game time we’ll put up our posts about how you can watch the game. For the preseason contests, that will include a full listing of local affiliates that will be airing the game. FOX-9 is just the flagship station for the games in the Twin Cities area.
It’s almost here, ladies and gentlemen. Can you feel it?