Merry Tuesday, everyone!
Hey, Vikings football is only a couple days from now. I can’t wait to see the good guys in action again, and I’m especially excited to see the new approaches on both offense and on special teams. Priefer was the special teams coordinator for a long time here, so we’ll see if the change is to be a change for the good, or otherwise.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Our friends over at Baltimore Beatdown put together a piece comparing the best NFL kickers.
Don Banks, a former Vikings beat writer, passed away on Sunday at the age of 56, from Chris.
Wludford takes a look at whether we may see a new approach on special teams.
Also from Wludford, the Vikings released their first official depth chart.
Other Vikings and NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
From NFL.com, representatives from the NFL and from the NFLPA met in Chicago yesterday to discuss a new collective bargaining agreement.
CBS Sports has a ranking of NFL coaches who are on the hot seat. Not sure why you’d have one of these before a preseason game has even been played, but what do I know?
We come to today’s media selection:
Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog was mentioned yesterday, so here he is. Enjoy! Oh, and there may be some NSFW language on here, you’ve been warned.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags\
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows, and please help the idiot goat get his head unstuck from the fence.