Happy Wednesday, everyone!
We’re rolling along through the week, and we are only two days away from some real-ish Vikings football. Man, it’s been a long wait, and I am ready to see the good guys back on the field.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
GreatOdinsRaven previews the defense on E34:Pocket Protectors.
Eric recapped day 9 of Vikings Training Camp.
Other Vikings/NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
From the Sporting News, Jalen Ramsey mentioned a couple teams he would like to play for if he were to leave the Jaguars (WHEN he leaves the Jaguars, it sounds like it’s a foregone conclusion).
was whining about mentioned his distaste for joint practices in a press conference following a joint practice with the Texans, per the Sporting News. You ever notice that this guy is always adamantly opposed to a function after something doesn’t go his way during that function. They have a joint practice, something makes him pout, in the next press conference, he rails on and on about how much he hates joint practices. Funny, he’s been in the league for 15 years and this is the first time we learn of the burning hatred he has for joint practices. Why hasn’t he mentioned it before? Maybe he just doesn’t like anything that doesn’t go exactly how he wants it to go?
We come to today’s media selection:
Here’s another edition of Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog, and he is conversing with soccer fans. This one is awesome, just_rob should love it. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags\
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows, and remember to tip the bartender, but don’t tip him over.