Mike and Ed break down the Vikings 28-12 win over the Atlanta Falcons
Around the league
Recapping Cleveland v Titans, Detroit, Green Bay / Chicago, Antonio Brown Saga, Miami’s quest to Tank for Tua, Seahawks struggles against the Bengals, and the Colts still rolling behind Jacoby Brissett.
- Anthony Barr makes an immediate impact.
- Anthony Harris comes out of the gate strong.
- Rhodes Closed for Julio Jones.
- Mackenzie Alexander dislocates elbow - Status unknown.
- Defensive Line dominated the game with stellar games from Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffen.
- Penalties a small downside in an otherwise impressive defensive performance.
Vikings Special Teams
- Kicking solid - Dan Bailey 4/4 on XPs.
- Blocked Punt by Eric Wilson - First since 2014.
- Coverage teams solid.
- Run blocking was spectacular, lead to a grinding game from Minnesota.
- Brian O’Neill didn’t skip a beat, and had a solid all-around game.
- Garrett Bradbury had a less than stellar outing, but held his ground decently in the run game.
- Dalvin Cook makes fast players look... not fast.
- Play-action roll-outs from Kirk Cousins helped mask relatively poor pass-blocking.
- Stefon Diggs able to have a lighter workload and rest for GB.
- Alexander Mattison solid in his debut.
- C.J. Ham great all-around game.
- Pressure v. Pressure - Can we limit GB’s passrush enough?
- Kirk Cousins will need to throw more than 10 times, and Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs should have good matchups.
BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop-shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.