Around the DN since our last open thread:
EBrodzy posted Skoldiers - 058 - Lambeau Letdown.
Chris handed the week 2 Vikings game ball off to Dalvin Cook. Much deserved.
The Vikings brought Mark Fields back to the practice squad, per Chris.
Dalvin Cook has been nominated for the week two FedEx Ground Player of the Week, per Chris
Other Vikings and NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
After 15 years as the Giants starting QB, Eli Manning is being benched for Daniel Jones, per ESPN. That team’s issues run much deeper than quarterback.
The Sporting News reported that Eli Manning ‘has no immediate plans to waive’ the no-trade clause in his contract. I don’t blame him. “Hey Eli, the Jaguars called about acquiring your services”. “Nah, I’m kinda digging this clipboard. You know, those game checks look even better when I don’t have to get beat up every week. I like this new gig.”
We come to today’s media selection:
When all else fails, roll with AC/DC. Enjoy!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and all we have to eat today is moldy cheese, enjoy.