BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.
- Click here for iTunes
- Click here for Stitcher
- Click here for iHeartRADIO
- Click here for YouTube
- Click here for Google Play Music
Need help getting subscribed? We’ve got you covered here.
In this episode:
Eric Eager and Nick Olson join Jayson Brown to recap the loss in Lambeau and to preview the upcoming Raiders matchup.
Overall Game Recap
- Vikings have lost ground relative to the rest of the conference
- Moved from 8.44 to 8.39 win projection in Eric’s simulation
- Probability of making the playoffs fell to 35%
- Very little margin for error with Vikings chosen play style
- Defense and run game are tough to rely on
Kirk Cousins Performance
- No defending this performance
- Kirk is actively losing you games
- Multiple turnovers
The Kirk Cousins interception in the end zone is obviously egregious and an awful throw, but it wasn't the end of the game. The Vikings got the ball back with 3:36 left. He threw this and I think it's arguably worse. pic.twitter.com/ERlXJfnCgO— Arif Hasan (@ArifHasanNFL) September 17, 2019
- Is Kirk Cousins a high-variance QB?
- Vikings need to take the good with the bad
- Top 10 in Play Action Percentage
- Deshaun Watson has the same percentage of negatively graded throws but twice as many positively graded throws
Slow Start by Vikings Defense
- Davante Adams tendency breaking double move
Matt LaFleur started Sunday on fire, tweaking a staple play-action design (shallow cross, deep over) by having Davante Adams fake the deep over and break back to the corner, beating the Vikings' Cover-2. Great route, wide open— David DeChant (@DavidDeChant) September 16, 2019
Aaron Rodgers approved, giving LaFleur props pic.twitter.com/MjCw8ZTNhQ
- Double Screen
- Great early game script
- 3 TDs in 3 drives
- Playing on grass is tough for Vikings D
- Xavier Rhodes is grabby early
- Everson Griffen is a slow starter?
- Are teams punching above their weight class in the scripted plays?
Previewing the Raiders
- Derek Carr played great in Week 1
- Carr self-destructed in Week 2
Love the aggressiveness out of Derek Carr here, flashback to 2016 vs Saints. Good to see him using his athleticism and moving around. LG Jordan Devey gets beat immediately here and Carr has no choice but to try and pick this 1st down up on with his feet.#Raiders #Raidernation pic.twitter.com/PhDu7bg0Dz— Ryan Holmes (@Rholm22) September 17, 2019
- Betting the over!!!
- Spread is 8.5 for the Vikings
- Raiders are one of the least talented teams in the NFL
- 21 personnel for the win!
- Live podcast from Eric and George on Thursday and Sunday nights
- Saints new outlook with Bridgewater
- Nick writing about Zimmer’s defensive adjustments