Merry post-win Monday, everyone!
Yesterday, we saw another stellar performance by the Vikings defense and running game, and a much better performance from the passing game. Cousins was much more accurate, made better decisions with the ball, and he held on to the ball. I was happy to see his performance, and am hopeful that the Packers game was an anomaly.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Ted stopped by and dropped off the Stock Market Report: Raiders.
Yesterday’s victory brought the franchise to some significant milestones, per Chris.
Chris has your post-game wrap-up.
Chad Beebe was carted off the field yesterday, let’s hope he’s okay.
Other Vikings and NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
We come to today’s media selection:
My favorite DN tradition, STRIKE UP THE BAND!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and ARRRRGH, enjoy the boiled parrot, ye’ scurvy scallywags.