BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.
- Click here for iTunes
- Click here for Stitcher
- Click here for Spotify
- Click here for iHeartRADIO
- Click here for YouTube
- Click here for Google Play Music
Need help getting subscribed? We’ve got you covered here.
In this episode:
Takeaways from the beatdown of Oakland
- All 21-0 all the time
- No need to show play-calling tendencies
- Everson Griffen is back!
- Dalvin Cook leading the league at 6.6 YPC and 4.1 Yards per Carry after Contact
- Alexander Mattison is ballin!!!
no— Josh Hermsmeyer (@friscojosh) September 18, 2019
- How well is the running back playing?
- How well they break tackles is a sticky running back stat
- Yards after contact is bit more sticky
- Hold the lead by running out the clock
Alexander Mattison with more hang time than a Kaare Vedvik punt pic.twitter.com/0leL3zdSua— Arif Hasan (@ArifHasanNFL) September 22, 2019
How do we feel about Kirk Cousins?
- PFF - 25th ranked
- QBR - 28th ranked
- DVOA - 20th
- YPA - 11th
“Marginally above average”
PFF QB rankings, based strictly off the play by play grading through three weeks. Small sample sizes of course. Read the breakdowns:https://t.co/Nj3ldhwngf— Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) September 24, 2019
How much should a QB’s performance be affected by the quality of opponent? Is the disaster in GB being held against Kirk too much?
- Invites more pressure but lowered sample size increases volatility
- Similar to last year
- Dragged down by Mitch Trubisky
- Matt Nagy’s play-calling continues to be stellar
- Stacked on defense
- Akiem Hicks may not play
Bears pass-rush when a stunt was executed in MNF (@PFF)— Anthony Treash (@PFF_Anthony) September 24, 2019
56.3% win rate
40.0% win rate
Case Keenum vs a stunt:
17.5 passing grade
4 turnover-worthy plays
This one in particular w/ @FiftyDeuce and @The_Dream99 is just perfect pic.twitter.com/jeHCppAWtU
- Khalil Mack is a one-man wrecking crew
- Vikings should have the advantage in the air
“Raiders have some of the worst LB the league has ever seen”
- Roquan Smith and Danny Trevathan are very good
- Chicago Bears DL could be a problem
- Vikings should have advantages all over when on defense
- Big plays and turnovers should decide the game
- Total for the game is 38.5; Chicago is currently favored by 2.5 (early action on Minnesota)
“Vikings are the more talented team but luck will likely decide this game”