BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.
- Click here for iTunes
- Click here for Stitcher
- Click here for Spotify
- Click here for iHeartRADIO
- Click here for YouTube
- Click here for Google Play Music
Need help getting subscribed? We’ve got you covered here.
In this episode:
Eric Eager and Nick Olson join Jayson Brown to discuss the takeaways from the Raiders game, Kirk’s season to date performance, and our matchup vs the Bears.
Takeaways from the beatdown of Oakland
- All 21-0 all the time
- No need to show play-calling tendencies
- Everson Griffen is back!
- Dalvin Cook leading the league at 6.6 YPC and 4.1 Yards per Carry after Contact
- Alexander Mattison is ballin!!!
no— Josh Hermsmeyer (@friscojosh) September 18, 2019
- How well is the running back playing?
- How well they break tackles is a sticky running back stat
- Yards after contact is bit more sticky
- Hold the lead by running out the clock
Alexander Mattison with more hang time than a Kaare Vedvik punt pic.twitter.com/0leL3zdSua— Arif Hasan (@ArifHasanNFL) September 22, 2019
How do we feel about Kirk Cousins?
- PFF - 25th ranked
- QBR - 28th ranked
- DVOA - 20th
- YPA - 11th
“Marginally above average”
PFF QB rankings, based strictly off the play by play grading through three weeks. Small sample sizes of course. Read the breakdowns:https://t.co/Nj3ldhwngf— Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) September 24, 2019
How much should a QB’s performance be affected by the quality of opponent? Is the disaster in GB being held against Kirk too much?
- Invites more pressure but lowered sample size increases volatility
- Similar to last year
- Dragged down by Mitch Trubisky
- Matt Nagy’s play-calling continues to be stellar
- Stacked on defense
- Akiem Hicks may not play
Bears pass-rush when a stunt was executed in MNF (@PFF)— Anthony Treash (@PFF_Anthony) September 24, 2019
56.3% win rate
40.0% win rate
Case Keenum vs a stunt:
17.5 passing grade
4 turnover-worthy plays
This one in particular w/ @FiftyDeuce and @The_Dream99 is just perfect pic.twitter.com/jeHCppAWtU
- Khalil Mack is a one-man wrecking crew
- Vikings should have the advantage in the air
“Raiders have some of the worst LB the league has ever seen”
- Roquan Smith and Danny Trevathan are very good
- Chicago Bears DL could be a problem
- Vikings should have advantages all over when on defense
- Big plays and turnovers should decide the game
- Total for the game is 38.5; Chicago is currently favored by 2.5 (early action on Minnesota)
“Vikings are the more talented team but luck will likely decide this game”