It’s here, folks! Today is the day that you can sign up to do battle with your fellow Minnesota Vikings fans in our annual NFL Pick ‘Em group, courtesy of Yahoo! Sports.
Here are all of the steps you need to take in order to sign up:
- Get a Yahoo! account, which you can do here if you don’t already have one.
- Go to the Yahoo! Sports NFL Pick ‘Em page.
- Click on where it says “Join Group.”
- Under “Join Private Group,” enter the Group ID#, which is 40267, and the password, which is Y0uVik3Th@t? (That’s a zero where an “o” should be, and there’s a question mark at the end. . .or, you know, just copy-and-paste.) Then click “Join Group.”
Congratulations, you’re in!
With that, here are some of the rules:
- The deadline to submit picks for the games is 5 minutes before kickoff of each game. So, if you miss the early games one week for whatever reason, you can still make picks for the late games and salvage some points.
- We will drop your lowest scoring week. That means if you just completely forget to do your picks one week and take a zero, you’re not totally hosed. If you miss two weeks, though. . .well, that’s bad for you. (You can also have Yahoo! send you a reminder of when picks are due, which I personally find pretty helpful.)
- We are utilizing the Yahoo! Sports “confidence point” system. You will assign a point value to each game based on how sure you are that you’ll get the result right. If you are correct, you’ll get that many points for that week.
If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to drop them in the comments section and we’ll effort to answer them here.
With that, have at it, folks! The pool is capped at 100 users, so if you want in, you need to get on it!