It’s that time of year again, folks! We’re now, officially, accepting sign-ups for our annual NFL Survivor Pool, courtesy of Yahoo! Sports. This is a battle to see if you can outlast your fellow Minnesota Vikings fans by picking just one game correctly in each week of the NFL season.
If you’d like to sign up, here’s what you have to do!
- Get a Yahoo! account, which you can do here if you don’t already have one.
- Go to the Yahoo! Sports Survival Football page.
- Click on where it says “Join Group.”
- Input the Group ID#, which is 26243, and the password, which is Y0uVik3Th@t? (That’s a zero where an “o” should be, and there’s a question mark at the end. . .or, you know, just copy-and-paste.) You will then put in a name for your entry, and click “Join Group.”
Congratulations, you’re in!
Now, some of the rules.
- In a survivor league, the objective is to pick just one game each week that you’re confident in the results of. If the team you pick doesn’t win that week. . .well, you’re out.
- If they do win, you advance to the next week, but you can’t select that team again for the rest of the season.
- The deadline for submission of picks is 5 minutes before the start of the first game of the week, which will be the Thursday night game. You can get Yahoo! to e-mail you a reminder the day before your pick is due, which I personally find to be pretty helpful.
If you have any other questions or concerns, drop them into the comments and we will effort to answer them for you.
Good luck, everyone!