Mike and Ed preview the week 1 match-up against the Atlanta Falcons:
Vikings v. Falcons history:
- Vikings lead series 19-11
- Last home game for the Vikings was in 2014 at TCF bank stadium
- Mike Zimmer is undefeated vs the Falcons as a head coach
- The last two meetings of this team, the Vikings have surrendered no more than 10 points in either game.
Breaking down the Falcons:
- Healthy after a disappointing 2018 campaign riddled with injuries
- S Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen back in action
- Passrushers Grady Jarret, Vic Beasley, and Takk McKinley looking to get after the QB
- Atlanta, similar to Minnesota, has a rebuilt OL with a few rookies, that the Vikings may look to exploit.
- The Vikings have added several offensive weapons
- A truly healthy Dalvin Cook week 1 is looking to make a big impact
- Zimmer’s defense remains largely intact from previous meetings, looking for a third outing holding Atlanta to 10 or less points
- The wildcard is a revamped OL from Minnesota, can they hold up and open up running lanes?
BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop-shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.