It was the late 20th Century philosopher Mark Knopfler that, looking back at this crazy ordeal we call life, once simply stated, “Sometimes you’re the windshield. Sometimes you’re the bug.”
This can also apply to our staff NFL picks through the first three weeks of this season. After all of us did pretty well in Week 2, we all took a pretty significant hit in Week 3. Here’s what our records look like through the first three weeks of 2020.
- Eric Thompson: 31-17 (9-6-1 last week)
- Warren Ludford: 31-17 (7-8-1 last week)
- Christopher Gates: 30-18 (8-7-1 last week)
- Ed Brodmarkle: 23-25 (6-9-1 last week)
I honestly don’t know how the folks from Tallysight do ties. All I know is that all of our “Overall” records add up to 48 games, so that’s what I’m rolling with here. Maybe that’s something they’re going to work out here at some point. Either way, I’m not particularly worried about it.
With that, here are our picks for this week, where we see if we’ll eventually get back on the upswing again.
(Yes, this post is going up after the start of the Thursday Night game, but I did indicate on the Twitters prior to kickoff that all of us were going with Denver tonight.)
The four us us agree on nine of the non-cancelled NFL games for this week. Here’s where we differ:
- Colts at Bears - SPLIT! (Chris and Eric have Indianapolis, Ed and Warren have Chicago)
- Vikings at Texans - SPLIT! (Chris and Warren have Minnesota, Ed and Eric have Houston)
- Jaguars at Bengals - Eric has Jacksonville
- Saints at Lions - Ed has Detroit
- Bills at Raiders - Chris has Las Vegas
- Falcons at Packers - Chris has Atlanta (Why? Hell, why not?)
That’s a look at our picks for this week, folks. Hopefully this week we can get back to our winning ways.