Hey, guys! Yes, it’s a rare Open Thread appearance from yours truly. I’ve been a bit less active than usual over the past couple of days. . .well, for most of the last week, really. . .and I wanted to explain why.
My wife and I have spent the past week traveling back to God’s Country (or what some of you might call “North Dakota”) for some family business. We drove, and as a result of all the driving I’ve spent a lot less time on social media and on the site than I usually would. So, I wanted to apologize for that.
(Not gonna lie, though. . .the occasional social media detox is a damn good idea and something that I recommend to pretty much anyone.)
We’re heading back west starting tomorrow, so by (possibly) Thursday night or (definitely) Friday I should be back into the normal groove of things as far as posting on the site and keeping our social media presences updated. I just wanted to put that out there for everyone that might have been curious. Or that might not have been curious. Or anyone that just happens to drop by the site, really.
So, if you want to talk more about the Vikings’ loss to the Seahawks last night (in which going for it on 4th-and-inches was absolutely the right call), you can do so right here. Otherwise, this is right here for all of your normal Open Thread shenanigans and chicanery.
Here’s today’s media selection: Let’s keep the Van Halen tributes rolling, shall we?
And remember, kids. . .if it isn’t David Lee Roth, it isn’t really Van Halen.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to wash your hands, and Welcome Aboard!