Merry hump-day, everyone!
Wow, summer turned to fall REALLY fast in North Dakota again this year. It seemed like we went from 85 degree days to frost in the blink of an eye. I hate to see summer go, as I LOVE hot weather, but I do love the fall. I enjoy the crisp air, the smells, the leaves (somewhat, they do get annoying after a while), but my favorite part of fall is pheasant season, and opening day was last Saturday. Kiddo and I are going to get out this weekend, he’s pretty excited, and I may be even more excited than he is. They say the pheasant population is up this year, I will find out in a few days.
The Vikings play the Falcons on Sunday. If they play the way they played against the Seahawks, it should be an enjoyable game, but I have no clue whether we’re going to see Jeckyl or Hyde, we’ll find out Sunday.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Le’Veon Bell has been released by the Jets, CBS Sports has the details and they name a few places he may land.
We come to today’s media selection:
Here’s an awesome tune from the 90s, this is Stone Temple Pilots. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to wash your hands, and Welcome Aboard!