Well, after the Week 6 results got into the books, we did have a three-way tie at the top of our Daily Norseman Staff NFL picks. However, since only one of those three people got the Thursday night game correct (as I indicated on the Twitters shortly after kickoff), that tie has already been broken. At least none of us will be able to have the Vikings hose us this week, since they have the week off.
Here’s how the overall standings look as things stand right now:
- Eric Thompson: 58-34 (8-6 last week, 1-0 this week)
- Warren Ludford: 57-35 (9-5 last week, 0-1 this week)
- Christopher Gates: 57-35 (9-5 last week, 0-1 this week)
- Ed Brodmarkle: 47-45-0 (7-7 last week, 1-0 this week)
Stupid Giants. I probably should have known better, but that’s how it goes sometimes.
With that, here are the picks for this week’s action!
There are a number of games that we differ on this week. Here’s the rundown:
- Panthers at Saints: Chris has Carolina, everyone else has New Orleans
- Lions at Falcons: SPLIT! Chris and Eric have Detroit, while Ed and Warren have Atlanta
- Cowboys at Football Team: Chris has Washington, everyone else has Dallas
- Buccaneers at Raiders: Ed has Las Vegas, everyone else has Tampa Bay
- 49ers at Patriots: Ed has San Francisco, everyone else has New England
- Jaguars at Chargers: Ed has Jacksonville, everyone else has Los Angeles
- Bears at Rams: Ed has Chicago, everyone else has Los Angeles
Once again, Ed is trying to move up a bit by going against the grain. Will it work out for him? We’ll find out when we have the Week 8 picks up here for you, hopefully this week before the Thursday night game kicks off.