Well, with the way the first six games have gone, perhaps it’s a good thing that the Minnesota Vikings have this week off. There’s plenty of other NFL action, however, and you know what that means.
That’s right. . .it’s another RED ZONE SUNDAY here at The Daily Norseman! That means we get to sit back, relax, and enjoy what should be a relatively stress-free Sunday watching the rest of the NFL do its thing.
If you don’t have the Red Zone Channel. . .for starters, shame on you, and here are the maps from the good folks at 506 Sports that let you know which games are being shown in which parts of the country. CBS has the double-header this week.
Early Games on CBS
- Red - Pittsburgh Steelers at Tennessee Titans - Ian Eagle, Charles Davis - DirecTV Ch 705
- Green - Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals - Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta - DirecTV Ch 706
- Blue - Buffalo Bills at New York Jets - Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon - DirecTV Ch 707
Late Games on CBS
- Blue - Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos - Kevin Harlan, Jay Feely - DirecTV Ch 713
- Red - San Francisco 49ers at New England Patriots - Jim Nantz, Tony Romo - DirecTV Ch 714
- Green - Jacksonville Jaguars at Los Angeles Chargers - Andrew Catalon, James Lofton - DirecTV Ch 715
Games on FOX (Early unless otherwise noted)
- Orange - Detroit Lions at Atlanta Falcons - Chris Myers, Brock Huard, Greg Jennings - DirecTV Ch 708
- Blue - Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans - Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma - DirecTV Ch 709
- Yellow - Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints - Kevin Kugler, Chris Spielman - DirecTV Ch 710
- Red - Dallas Cowboys at Washington Football Team - Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston - DirecTV Ch 711
- Green - Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Las Vegas Raiders (LATE) - Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth - DirecTV Ch 712
Sunday Night Football this week features the Seattle Seahawks traveling to take on the Arizona Cardinals, while Monday Night Football will have the Los Angeles Rams hosting the Chicago Bears. The other three teams with a bye this week are all in the AFC, as the Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts, and Miami Dolphins join the Vikings in taking the week off.
Incidentally, that Chiefs/Broncos game that’s part of the late window looks to be our first chance this season at what we might call “weather porn,” as the Denver area is under a Winter Storm Warning that went into effect at around 6:00 AM Mountain time this morning and is valid for about 24 hours. They’re looking for anywhere from 5 to 10 inches of snow in that one, so that should be fun, at least.
With that, it’s time to kick off Week 7 in the National Football League. If you’re going to be watching the games, feel free to hang out here with your fellow Vikings fans and talk about it!