The race for prognostication superiority among the members of your favorite Minnesota Vikings website remains very close going into Week 8 action, even with this week’s Thursday Night Football contest already in the books.
As of Friday morning, the count looks like this:
- Eric Thompson: 69-37 (11-3 last week, 1-0 this week)
- Christopher Gates: 67-39 (10-4 last week, 0-1 this week)
- Warren Ludford: 66-40 (9-5 last week, 0-1 this week)
- Ed Brodmarkle: 54-52 (8-6 last week, 0-1 this week)
Eric was the only person to get the Thursday Night game right, increasing his lead over me to two and over Warren to three. Are we going to make up that ground over the rest of the week? Here are the picks.
There’s a few games where we differ this week, but we’ve all picked against the Vikings this time. I’m pretty certain this is the first time this year that’s happened. As far as the rest of the slate, here are the disagreements:
- Steelers at Ravens: Warren has Pittsburgh, everyone else has Baltimore
- Rams at Dolphins: Ed has Miami, everyone else has Los Angeles
- Colts at Lions: Eric has Detroit, everyone else has Indianapolis
- Raiders at Browns: SPLIT! Chris and Ed have Cleveland, while Eric and Warren have Las Vegas
That’s it. Just five games this week (counting Thursday night) where we’re not unanimous in our selections.
Those are our staff picks for this week, ladies and gentlemen! How are your picks doing this year so far compared to ours?