It is once again time for this week’s NFL picks from your favorite collective of Minnesota Vikings bloggers and podcasters, the Daily Norseman staff. Last week was pretty solid overall, as we all managed to finish above .500, and Ed was one of the top pickers on all of Tallysight against the spread!
#NFL #Week4 Spread Experts— Tallysight (@tallysight) October 7, 2020
1️⃣ Jack Finney (@CatScratchReadr)
2️⃣ @NotSoHumbleHost (@acmepackingco)
3️⃣ @Nemock7 (@DailyNorseman)
4️⃣ @kthen16 (@PenguinsBrawl)
5️⃣ @phantaskippy (@btsteelcurtain)
See how 140+ other experts ranked ⤵️https://t.co/8VrHSoJPN4
Here’s how the records look through the first four weeks of the season:
- Warren Ludford: 42-21 (11-4 last week)
- Eric Thompson: 41-22 (10-5 last week)
- Christopher Gates: 40-22 (10-5 last week)
- Ed Brodmarkle: 32-31 (9-6 last week. . .but, again, 11-4 against the spread)
Also, just for fun, here’s how everyone is doing in all three of Tallysight’s major categories so far this season:
- Warren: 42-21 (.667) straight up, 34-29 (.540) against the spread, 26-37 (.413) over/under
- Eric: 41-22 (.651) straight up, 35-28 (.556) against the spread, 32-31 (.508) over/under
- Chris: 40-22 (.635) straight up, 29-34 (.460) against the spread, 35-28 (.556) over/under
- Ed: 32-31 (.508) straight up, 31-26 (.533) against the spread, 20-30 (.400) over/under
Here’s what we’ve got for this week. As of now, the Bills/Titans and Broncos/Patriots games are only being offered as straight-up picks, no point spreads or over/unders, if you’re keeping an eye on those sorts of things at home. That may change between now and then, based on numerous things (including whether the games are even played or not). So, keep checking back for those.
There are only three games that we have disagreements on this week, from the looks of things:
- Colts at Browns: Ed has Cleveland, everyone else has Indianapolis
- Vikings at Seahawks: SPLIT! (No, seriously.) Ed and Warren have Minnesota while Chris and Eric have Seattle
- Chargers at Saints: SPLIT! Chris and Eric have New Orleans, while Ed and Warren have Los Angeles
On all the other games, we’re in agreement, so there probably won’t be a lot of variance in the records in Week 5.
Those are our picks for this week, folks! Keep an eye out for Eric’s regular weekly picks column and let us know how your picks are coming along!