It’s Thursday, which means we’ve gotten the second injury report of the week from both the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks leading up to this week’s Sunday Night Football contest at CenturyLink Field. There’s some good news on the Vikings’ front, but that is canceled out by more bad news, at least in my opinion.
Here is the full report for the purple.
Did Not Participate
- CB Holton Hill (foot, downgrade from limited on Wednesday)
- LB Eric Kendricks (foot)
- WR K.J. Osborn (hamstring)
- CB Kris Boyd (hamstring)
- OT Oli Udoh (finger)
- C Garrett Bradbury (knee)
- WR Dan Chisena (knee)
- CB Mike Hughes (neck)
- OT Brian O’Neill (shoulder)
- WR Adam Thielen (shoulder, upgrade from limited on Wednesday)
Thielen participating in full is the big positive from today’s report, obviously, as is Mike Hughes continuing to practice in full after missing a couple of weeks with his neck injury. Hughes’ recovery is a good thing in light of Hill being downgraded with his foot issue. This means the Vikings’ top three corners could be different once again if Hughes is able to go on Sunday against Seattle and Hill is not.
The biggest concern, obviously, is Kendricks still not practicing. He’s said that he’s “hopeful” that he’s ready to go on Sunday, but missing both Wednesday and Thursday practices is certainly not the best thing to see. Kendricks is, arguably, the best player on Minnesota’s defense, and if he’s not out there on Sunday. . .well, let’s not think too much about that.
Let’s see what the Seahawks have here, shall we?
Did Not Participate
- S Jamal Adams (groin)
- LB Jordyn Brooks (knee)
- S Lano Hill (back)
- CB Neiko Thorpe (hip)
- LB Cody Barton (quad)
- OT Duane Brown (knee, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
- TE Will Dissly (achilles)
- CB Quinton Dunbar (knee, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
- CB Shaquill Griffin (shoulder)
- RB Carlos Hyde (shoulder)
- G Mike Iupati (ankle)
- DE Benson Mayowa (knee)
- LB Bobby Wagner (ribs, downgrade from FP on Wednesday)
- RB Chris Carson (knee, upgrade from LP on Wednesday)
- DT Poona Ford (groin/quad)
- LB Shaquem Griffin (shoulder)
- OT Jamarco Jones (elbow)
- G Damien Lewis (ankle, upgrade from LP on Wednesday)
- OL Ethan Pocic (ankle/knee)
- WR K.J. Wright (illness, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
Adams has already been ruled out for Seattle, which is a huge blow to their defense in numerous different ways. Wagner being downgraded could be significant as well, but if I were a gambling man, I’d be willing to wager won’t miss this one.
The Seahawks also removed three players from their injury report as well. They are cornerback Tre Flowers, defensive tackle Jarran Reed, and wide receiver David Moore.
Those are the interim injury reports for the Vikings and the Seahawks for Sunday’s game. We’ll be keeping an eye out for the final injury reports tomorrow afternoon.