Merry Wednesday, everyone!
We’re halfway through another agonizingly slow week of the NFL off-season, I have a feeling we’re gonna make it ‘til Friday. Hey, I’ve never put one of these up top, I usually post them in the comments, but I thought about it, and I figured now would be a good time. Today, you’ll get to see your first ever mock powerball drawing! These take me a REALLY long time to put together. When done thoroughly, it can take several weeks (or is it several seconds? one of the two), so I can’t do them often. Here you go:
- First number: 8 It was a tough choice, but I live by the adage that you go big or you go home, so I went somewhere in between.
- Second number: 17 I know the experts will say that I should have picked higher or lower, and I probably agree with them, which is why I went with 17
- Third number: 22 I know, I know, you’re all screaming “twenty-two!!!??? TWENTY-TWO!!!????”
- Fourth number: 37 I like 38, so I chose 37.
- Fifth number: 44 This makes absolutely no sense, which is why it’s brilliant. Nobody would expect 44, nor would they expect to ever see a mock powerball drawing, so this will teach ‘em.
- Powerball: 21 This was my baseball number, which has nothing to do with anything, so it fits perfectly here.
There you go, folks. I’m exhausted now, I think I’ll go to bed......after I post the thread, of course.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Chris shared a report that “the Vikings are bracing for life without Anthony Harris”. Welcome to cap hell.
Ted takes a look at Reily Reiff in his ‘should I stay or should I go’ series. That gives me an idea for the media selection today, thanks Ted!
Other Vikings/NFL news, and random oddities and annoyances:
NFL.com has a list of the teams with the most at stake heading into free agency.
We come to today’s media selection:
I was inspired earlier, here you go. Enjoy!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
-No discussion of politics or religion
-No feeding of the trolls
-Leave the gender hatred at the door
-Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
-Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
-No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
-While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
-If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the rocky mountain oysters.