With the rest of the sports world in an indefinite holding pattern, the NFL has kept churning along with their offseason leading up to the 2020 NFL Draft. Chase Thomas was kind enough to have me on as a guest of his podcast to discuss a vast array of football topics, including but not limited to:
- The free agency adventures the Vikings have had thus far, including the Stefon Diggs trade, the exodus of many familiar faces, and what priority the team should give to the current holes on their roster in the draft later this month.
- As puzzling as the Vikings’ offseason may have been thus far, it’s even more difficult to figure out what the Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions have been doing.
- With CBS locking up Tony Romo and Monday Night Football still looking for their answers, we discuss the respective merits of Peyton Manning and Drew Brees in the booth. Would Manning actually be that great as an announcer, or does he have his sights set on other goals? Once Brees calls it a career in the NFL, would he be captivating enough for a high-profile TV job?
- After two decades, it looks like the Patriots dynasty is finally ending. Have the Chiefs already taken the mantle as the next dominant team in the conference? Other than the Ravens, can any other AFC teams challenge the champs?
- Our thoughts on the extra playoff team in each conference and how it will affect the regular season. Does the seventh seed or the 17th game bother us more as a change going forward? Will we just forget about all the changes a few years down the road?
- A variety of other topics, including this very important issue facing the league: which teams are going to screw up their pending uniform changes the worst?
Chase is a great conversational host and I always enjoy visiting his show regardless of topic. Give it a listen by clicking the link on the podcast delivery system of your choice below: