Usually when the NFL Network features the Minnesota Vikings, it’s to show them getting cheated out of the 2009 NFC Championship for the millionth time. However, over the course of the next two days, the purple will be featured quite prominently on the channel, largely in a positive way, thanks to one of their former players.
Player's Choice on @nflnetwork concludes w/ 2 days of programming selected by @AdrianPeterson starting Tuesday at 4p ET pic.twitter.com/yNZWI1sQci— NFL Media (@NFLMedia) July 20, 2020
The network has allowed former Vikings’ running back Adrian Peterson to program the channel on Tuesday and Wednesday and, as you’d expect, there are a lot of fun Vikings games to watch. Here are some of the highlights, with all times translated to Central time.
Tuesday, 21 July
- 7:00 PM - Vikings at Bears, 2007 (The game that really put Peterson on the map)
- 8:30 PM - Chargers at Vikings, 2007 (Peterson sets the single-game rushing record)
- 10:00 PM - Vikings at Cowboys, 1998 (The Randy Moss “three catches, three touchdowns” game on Thanksgiving in Dallas)
Wednesday, 22 July
- 3:00 AM - Dexter Manley: A Football Life (set your DVR. . .you won’t regret it)
- 7:00 PM - Packers at Vikings, 2012 (Week 17, win or go home for the Vikings with Peterson chasing the single-season rushing record)
- 8:30 PM - Vikings at Seahawks, 2012 (because. . .I don’t know, your guess is as good as mine)
There’s a lot of other good stuff on there as well, but those were the ones I wanted to highlight.
So, as we get ready for the start of the Vikings’ 2020 season, you can put your TV on the NFL Network and see a lot of fun stuff from our favorite football team. Will you be watching?