*****Download Link Here*****
- Here’s the Peter King piece where he visits the Vikings facility to get an in-person look at their COVID precautions
- I mentioned a piece that brought up the “1,000 viral particles” load as a threshold for contracting the disease
- This is the helmet mouth shield, which matches the images I saw in the video call of some of the Vikings helmets
- Mark Davis is uncertain about a 2020 season
- Zachary Binnery spoke to the Toledo Blade about college football and it’s a remarkable series of quotes
- Daily testing for the first two weeks of camp, then an evaluation of positivity rate to see if they’ll move to every other day from there
- Here’s the NFLPA’s letter that cites increased injury rates post-lockout and a lot more of the players’ concerns
- Odd Tinkering is a wonderful YouTube Channel. We also mentioned Simone Giertz’s channel, WWII Battlegrounds and Guga Foods (and brother channel Sous Vide Everything)
- Serious Eats has ideas for Russets — including The Best Roast Potatoes You’ve Ever Eaten. They have a potato guide, too.
- Here’s the Fair Food Finder
- My pieces at the Athletic are all listed here
If anywhere *close* to 5% of players and staff are testing positive 2 weeks into training camp they should shut everything down immediately. I suspect it'll be much, much lower.— Zachary Binney, PhD (@zbinney_NFLinj) July 20, 2020
Or do they mean 5% of overall samples across the first 2 weeks? Exact definition matters A LOT. https://t.co/QVYAMNacib
The virus and the manner in which it affects the return of sports are resistant to our modern obsession with certainty and absolutes. Example: You can cite low death rates, but players have legitimate, significant concerns besides the possibility of their own death.— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) July 18, 2020
Special thanks to Rhymesayers Entertainment and Atmosphere for our theme song!
Arif - @ArifHasanNFL
James - @bigmono
To listen to more, this is the link to that iTunes feed. If you can’t for whatever reason subscribe via iTunes, subscribe to via our RSS feed, which should support the RSS reader or podcast organizer of your choice. You can still leave a review even if you can’t subscribe via iTunes because it’s easy to create an AppleID. We also have a YouTube channel. Our podcasts are automatically uploaded there.
If you want to make sure you don’t miss an episode and find out ways to support the show, head to our website!
But we also have a Patreon and that should make it even easier to support the best podcast for your Minnesota Vikings. Check it out here. If you wanted to donate via Paypal instead of Patreon, head to this link.
Once again, contact me at arifmhasan (at) gmail dot com or the podcast at NorseCodePodcast (at) gmail dot com. Follow us on twitter at @NorseCodeDN or just me at @ArifHasanNFL. You can follow producer and host James Pogatshnik at @bigmono.