The regular season in the National Football League is officially in the books, and that means that the top 18 spots in the 2021 NFL Draft have been determined.
After the events of Week 17, your Minnesota Vikings will be selecting at #14 overall in the first round. The full order of picks that have already been determined is listed below. The numbers after each team is their record followed by their strength of schedule. In the case of two teams being time, the team with the lower strength of schedule is given the higher pick.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-15, .549)
- New York Jets (2-14, .594)
- Miami Dolphins (from Houston Texans, 4-12, .541)
- Atlanta Falcons (4-12, .551)
- Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1, .529)
- Philadelphia Eagles (4-11-1, .537)
- Detroit Lions (5-11, .508)
- Carolina Panthers (5-11, .531)
- Denver Broncos (5-11, .566)
- Dallas Cowboys (6-10, .471)
- New York Giants (6-10, .502)
- San Francisco 49ers (6-10, .549)
- Los Angeles Chargers (7-9, .482)
- Minnesota Vikings (7-9, .504)
- New England Patriots (7-9, .527)
- Arizona Cardinals (8-8, .475)
- Las Vegas Raiders (8-8, .539)
- Miami Dolphins (10-6, .467)
As for the rest of the picks:
- Picks 19 through 24 will be filled by the teams that lose on Wild Card weekend
- Picks 25 through 28 will be filled by the teams that lose in the Divisional Round
- Picks 29 and 30 will be filled by the teams that lose the Conference Championship Games
- Pick 31 will be filled by the team that loses the Super Bowl
- Pick 32 will be filled by the team that wins the Super Bowl
For anyone that is still salty that the Vikings had the nerve to win on Sunday, with the way the other games turned out, the Vikings beating the Lions on Sunday “cost” them exactly two spots in the draft order. Had Minnesota lost and all the other results remained the same, they would be picking at #12.
Yeah, it’s not a big deal.
We’ll refresh the draft order when the playoffs come to an end. For now, however, the Vikings are slotted to pick at #14 overall in the first round.