Our selections are in, and it’s time to reveal how the folks involved with your favorite Minnesota Vikings website are predicting things to shake out around the National Football League in Week 6.
Here’s how everyone fared with last week’s picks:
- Eric Thompson: 14-2 straight-up, 11-5 against the spread, 7-9 over/under
- GA Skol: 14-2 straight-up, 9-7 against the spread, 10-6 over/under
- Warren Ludford: 11-5 straight-up, 8-8 against the spread, 9-7 over/under
- Christopher Gates: 9-7 straight-up, 6-10 against the spread, 7-9 over/under
- Ed Brodmarkle: 9-6 straight-up, 10-5 against the spread, 8-7 over/under
Yeah, Eric and GA Skol flat out killed it with their picks last week, while my picks against the spread continue to be nothing short of a complete dumpster fire. If things don’t start working out this week, I’m going the full Costanza. . .deciding what I would pick, and then doing the complete opposite.
Hey, it’s not as if things could get worse.
Here’s how everyone is doing to this point in the season:
- Eric Thompson: 54-27
- Ed Brodmarkle: 49-31
- GA Skol: 48-33
- Warren Ludford: 47-34
- Christopher Gates: 43-38
Against the Spread
- Eric Thompson: 41-39
- Ed Brodmarkle: 40-39
- GA Skol: 40-39
- Warren Ludford: 35-44
- Christopher Gates: 29-51
- GA Skol: 49-31
- Christopher Gates: 46-35
- Ed Brodmarkle: 41-39
- Warren Ludford: 41-40
- Eric Thompson: 39-42
With that, here are our selections for this week, courtesy of the good folks at Tallysight.
With everybody’s picks locked in, here’s where we have disagreements on this week’s games.
- Dolphins “at” Jaguars (in London): Ed and Warren have Miami, everyone else has Jacksonville
- Bengals at Lions: Eric has Detroit, everyone else has Cincinnati
- Chargers at Ravens: Chris has Baltimore, everyone else has Los Angeles
- Cardinals at Browns: Chris has Arizona, everyone else has Cleveland
- Raiders at Broncos: Chris has Las Vegas, everyone else has Denver
- Seahawks at Steelers: Warren has Seattle, everyone else has Pittsburgh
Man. . .I’m on an island by myself for quite a few of these. Guess that means next week is either going to be really good or really bad for me. I’m just gonna go ahead and assume “really bad.” Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
As far as our favorite team’s game is concerned, we’ve all taken the Vikings to go into the bye at 3-3 by beating the Panthers this week.
What’s weird about this one is the difference between our spread picks. When things opened up this week, the Vikings were a slight underdog, and GA Skol managed to jump on the pick while that was still the case. As the week went on, however, the scales started to tip towards Minnesota, so the rest of us all have Minnesota winning as the favorite in this one, having them favored by either 1.5 or 2.5 points.
It doesn’t appear we’re expecting a high-scoring game in this one, either. Of the five of us, only Warren has this one hitting the “over,” while the rest of us are all playing the under for this week’s game.
Those are our selections for this week, ladies and gentlemen. Are your picks going better than ours are? (In my case, I damn sure hope so.)