It’s that time, ladies and gentlemen. The folks that you see all over your favorite Minnesota Vikings website are ready to make their picks for all of the NFL action for this week, thanks to the folks at Tallysight. Things got a bit better for us last week, but they can always get better, am I right?
Here’s how everybody did last week.
- Eric Thompson: 13-3 straight-up, 10-6 against the spread, 5-11 over/under
- Ed Brodmarkle: 12-4 straight-up, 6-10 against the spread, 9-7 over/under
- GA Skol: 12-4 straight-up, 11-5 against the spread, 9-7 over/under
- Warren Ludford: 10-6 straight-up, 7-9 against the spread, 8-8 over/under
- Christopher Gates: 10-6 straight-up, 4-12 against the spread, 8-8 over/under
Again. . .man, I hope you’re not relying on me to make you any money at this point, because my picks against the spread have been nothing short of terrible. Here’s how we all stack up in all three categories after three weeks.
- Ed Brodmarkle: 32-17
- Eric Thompson: 30-19
- GA Skol: 29-20
- Warren Ludford: 28-21
- Christopher Gates: 26-23
Against the Spread
- GA Skol: 28-19
- Ed Brodmarkle: 25-23
- Eric Thompson: 24-24
- Warren Ludford: 22-25
- Christopher Gates: 17-31 (woof)
- Christopher Gates: 32-17
- GA Skol: 28-20
- Warren Ludford: 25-24
- Ed Brodmarkle: 23-26
- Eric Thompson: 22-27
Again, there’s plenty of room for improvement, specifically on my part, it would appear. Will things get any better this week? Let’s take a look at our picks, courtesy of Tallysight.
We all did pretty well for ourselves on the Thursday night game, since we all got the straight-up winner correct. Here’s where we disagree on the other games in Week 4.
- Panthers at Cowboys: Eric and Warren have Dallas, everyone else has Carolina
- Browns at Vikings: Eric has Cleveland. . .sigh. . .everyone else has Minnesota
- Lions at Bears: Warren has Chicago, everyone else has Detroit
- Colts at Dolphins: Warren and Chris have Miami, everyone else has Indianapolis
- Football Team at Falcons: Eric and Chris have Washington, everyone else has Atlanta
- Cardinals at Rams: Chris has Arizona, everyone else has Los Angeles
- Ravens at Broncos: Ed and Chris have Baltimore, everyone else has Denver
- Steelers at Packers: GA Skol has Pittsburgh, everyone else has Green Bay
- Raiders at Chargers: GA Skol and Chris have Las Vegas, everyone else has Los Angeles
That’s a lot more disagreement than we’ve had over the past few weeks, with the five of us only having a consensus in six of the remaining 15 games this week. We’ll see what that means when the smoke clears after Monday night.
As far as our favorite team, yes, Eric is going for the reverse jinx. . .at least I hope that’s the logic. . .by selecting the Browns to beat the Vikings on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium. Everyone else has the purple extending their winning streak to two games. We all have the Vikings covering the spread of 2.5 points (Eric has Cleveland winning by 2), and we’re divided on the point today. Ed and Chris both have this one going “over” the total of 51.5, while our other three selectors are playing the “under.”
Those are our selections for this week, ladies and gentlemen. How are your selections going so far?