It is, once again, that time of the week. The time of the week where we reveal who the writers for your favorite Minnesota Vikings’ website are selecting for the games on this week’s NFL slate.
Here’s how things went for everyone last week.
- Warren Ludford: 10-3 straight-up, 7-6 against the spread, 9-4 over/under
- Christopher Gates: 9-4 straight-up, 9-4 against the spread, 4-9 over/under
- Eric Thompson: 8-5 straight-up, 9-4 against the spread, 7-6 over/under
- GA Skol: 8-5 straight-up, 6-7 against the spread, 4-9 over/under
- Ed Brodmarkle: 5-2 straight-up, 2-5 against the spread, 2-5 over/under
With those results figured in, as well as the results of the Thursday night game, here’s how the results stack up through the first seven weeks.
- Eric Thompson: 71-37
- GA Skol: 65-43
- Warren Ludford: 64-44
- Christopher Gates: 64-44
- Ed Brodmarkle: 62-39
Against the Spread
- Eric Thompson: 59-48
- GA Skol: 53-53
- Warren Ludford: 49-57
- Ed Brodmarkle: 48-52
- Christopher Gates: 48-59
- GA Skol: 62-45
- Christopher Gates: 55-53
- Warren Ludford: 54-54
- Eric Thompson: 53-55
- Ed Brodmarkle: 50-51
Next week I’ll probably adjust those standings for percentages rather than just wins in light of Ed missing a few of his picks last week. It happens to all of us.
With that, here are our picks for Week 8 in the National Football League. Keep in mind that the lines may have changed since the time we put our selections in. To get the most up-to-date lines for these games, you can check out our friends at DraftKings Sportsbook.
There are a lot of games where we have differences this week. Let’s run them down here. I’ll update these once Ed’s picks are in.
- Panthers at Falcons: Ed has Carolina, everyone else has Atlanta
- Eagles at Lions: Warren has Philadelphia, everyone else has Detroit
- Steelers at Browns: GA Skol and Warren have Pittsburgh, everyone else has Cleveland
- Titans at Colts: Eric and Ed have Indianapolis, everyone else has Tennessee
- Jaguars at Seahawks: Ed and Chris have Jacksonville, everyone else has Seattle
- Patriots at Chargers: Warren has New England, everyone else has Los Angeles
- Football Team at Broncos: Ed and Chris have Washington, everyone else has Denver
- Cowboys at Vikings: Eric has Dallas, everyone else has Minnesota
Looking at our game, we see Eric once again going for the reverse jinx by taking the bad guys. Hopefully his reverse jinx is a successful one. Here’s how all of our picks for Sunday Night Football shake out.
Among those of us that are taking the Vikings, Chris and GA Skol jumped on them early enough that we got them while they were still the underdog. They’re a 2.5 to 3-point favorite now, depending on where you look. Warren’s and Ed’s picks for the purple have them as a slight favorite.
We’re a bit split on the over/under, however. Eric and Chris have the “over” on this one, while GA Skol and Warren are playing the “under.” If Cooper Rush is at quarterback for the Cowboys tomorrow night, that “under” play is going to look pretty smart, I think. I might even change mine before kickoff.
Those are our picks for this week in the National Football League, folks! We’ll be back with more of the same next week when the season officially hits the halfway point.