Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is again that time to see who the writers at your favorite Minnesota Vikings’ website are picking in all of the games across the National Football League. We’re into Week 5 and while my picks are still a total disaster, at least Week 4 wasn’t super great for any of us, to be honest.
Here’s how everybody fared last week:
- Eric Thompson: 10-6 straight-up, 7-9 against the spread, 7-9 over/under
- Ed Brodmarkle: 8-8 straight-up, 5-11 against the spread, 7-9 over/under
- Warren Ludford: 8-8 straight-up, 5-11 against the spread, 8-8 over/under
- Christopher Gates, 8-8 straight-up, 7-9 against the spread, 7-9 over/under
- GA Skol: 5-11 straight-up, 4-12 against the spread, 11-5 over/under
Here’s how everybody’s faring across each category thus far this year:
- Eric Thompson: 40-25
- Ed Brodmarkle: 39-25
- Warren Ludford: 35-30
- GA Skol: 34-31
- Christopher Gates: 33-32
Against the Spread
- GA Skol: 32-31
- Eric Thompson: 31-33
- Ed Brodmarkle: 30-33
- Warren Ludford: 27-36
- Christopher Gates: 23-41
- Christopher Gates: 39-26
- GA Skol: 38-26
- Warren Ludford: 33-32
- Ed Brodmarkle: 32-32
- Eric Thompson: 32-33
Man, I’m not even good at getting the over/unders right anymore. I mean, at least I had that going for me over the first few weeks. Damn it.
Anyway, here’s who we have for Week 5.
As you can see, we split on the Thursday night game. Eric even wound up hitting the “trifecta” by getting all three aspects of the bet right, so at leas this week’s off to a good start. On the other hand, I hit the non-fecta. . .if there’s such a thing. . .by managing to get all three parts of the wager incorrect. Good stuff, me.
Here are the games that we have disagreements on this week.
- Broncos at Steelers: Ed and Chris have Denver, everyone else has Pittsburgh
- Packers at Bengals: Eric and GA Skol have Green Bay, everyone else has Cincinnati
- Saints at Football Team: Ed and Chris have Washington, everyone else has New Orleans
- Eagles at Panthers: Eric has Philadelphia, everyone else has Carolina
- Titans at Jaguars: Ed has Jacksonville, everyone else has Tennessee
- Browns at Chargers: Warren has Cleveland, everyone else has Los Angeles
- Bills at Chiefs: Eric and Chris have Kansas City, everyone else has Buffalo
As far as our favorite team is concerned, we’ve all got the Vikings righting the ship a bit with a victory over the Lions on Sunday at home. We all expect them to win big as well, as everyone currently has the Vikings covering a spread that ranges from between 7.5 and 9.5 points. We’re split on the points scored, however. . .Chris and Eric have this one going “over” a total of 49.5, while Warren and GA Skol are both playing the “under” for this one.
Those are our selections for this week’s action in the National Football League. Wherever you’re making your picks this season, I hope that you’re doing a hell of a lot better than we are.