It’s time, once again, for the NFL picks of the week from the guys that power your favorite Minnesota Vikings website. It’s going to be a big week for our favorite football team as they gear up for a big matchup against a division rival, but there’s plenty of other action around the league to keep an eye on as well.
As always, we start off with a look at how everyone did last week. . .a week that, for the most part, was not great.
- Eric Thompson: 7-6 straight-up, 7-7 against the spread, 4-10 over/under
- Christopher Gates: 7-6 straight-up, 6-8 against the spread, 4-10 over/under
- Warren Ludford: 6-7 straight-up, 6-8 against the spread, 5-9 over/under
- Ed Brodmarkle: 5-7 straight-up, 6-8 against the spread, 6-8 over/under
- GA Skol: 5-8 straight-up, 4-10 against the spread, 7-7 over/under
The over/unders last week were particularly disastrous for most of us, but even the straight-up picks weren’t all that great. And, of course, there was a tie, which doesn’t help anybody picking winners.
Here are the standings to this point in the season for each of our major categories.
- Eric Thompson: 94-56
- GA Skol: 89-61
- Warren Ludford: 88-61
- Ed Brodmarkle: 82-60
- Christopher Gates: 85-65
Against the Spread
- Eric Thompson: 77-73
- GA Skol: 73-76
- Warren Ludford: 70-78
- Christopher Gates: 66-84
- Ed Brodmarkle: 61-81
- GA Skol: 83-67
- Christopher Gates: 78-73
- Eric Thompson: 75-76
- Warren Ludford: 74-76
- Ed Brodmarkle: 69-75
Most of us have our picks punched into the Tallysight system, and Ed’s picks will populate when he gets them completed. Keep in mind that some of the lines may have changed from the time that they opened, so if you want the most up-to-date betting lines available, be sure to check out our friends at the DraftKings Sportsbook.
With Ed’s picks still pending, here are the games that we have differing opinions on for this week.
- Dolphins at Jets: GA Skol has New York, everyone else has Miami
- Saints at Eagles: Warren has New Orleans, everyone else has Philadelphia
- Football Team at Panthers: Eric has Washington, everyone else has Carolina
- Bengals at Raiders: GA Skol has Las Vegas, everyone else has Cincinnati
- Cowboys at Chiefs: Warren has Dallas, everyone else has Kansas City
Here’s how we’re all looking at the only game of the weekend that matters, with the Vikings and the Packers duking it out at U.S. Bank Stadium.
For some reason, we’re all loopy enough to have taken the Vikings to win this one, which means that we obviously feel that they’re going to cover the spread, given that they’re still underdogs. Strangely, we are not expecting a lot of points. . .only Warren has this game hitting the “over” thus far.
That’s a look at who we’re picking in Week 11 of National Football League action, ladies and gentlemen. How are your picks going so far?