It’s time for the second injury reports of the week for both the Minnesota Vikings and the Baltimore Ravens as they prepare for their interconference matchup at M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday afternoon. There are some changes to talk about, so let’s take a look.
Did Not Participate
- DT Michael Pierce (elbow, downgrade from LP on Wednesday)
- LB Anthony Barr (knee, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
- CB Cameron Dantzler (ankle, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
- DT James Lynch (toe)
- WR Dede Westbrook (ankle)
After providing a bit of optimism on Wednesday, nose tackle Michael Pierce appears to have suffered a setback with his elbow injury, sitting out of Thursday’s practice and seemingly lowering our chances of a “Michael Pierce revenge game” (since the kidz seem to be into those sorts of things). Anthony Barr and Cameron Dantzler at least did some work on Thursday, which is good to see.
Did Not Practice
- QB Tyler Hundley (illness)
- OL Patrick Mekari (ankle)
- RB Latavius Murray (ankle)
- DT Brandon Williams (shoulder)
- WR Sammy Watkins (thigh, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
No players listed
The Ravens gave “veteran rest days” to cornerback Jimmy Smith and offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva on Thursday. Linebacker Justin Houston returned to full participation after his day off on Wednesday.
Outside of that, the only change for the Ravens is Watkins returning to practice for the first time since Week 5, albeit in a limited capacity. He could potentially add another weapon for Lamar Jackson to look for on Sunday afternoon.
Final injury reports coming tomorrow afternoon, folks. We’ll have them right here with a look at how both teams will be affected.