It’s time to begin the preparations for another week of Minnesota Vikings’ football, as they’ve started practices this week for their NFC North matchup against the Detroit Lions on Sunday. The Vikings conducted a walk-through on Wednesday rather than an actual practice, so we’re told that their designations are estimations rather than an actual reflection of who was available.
Let’s take a look at the reports for both teams.
Did Not Participate
- LB Anthony Barr (knee/hamstring)
- LB Ryan Connelly (quadriceps)
- RB Dalvin Cook (shoulder)
- OT Christian Darrisaw (ankle)
- CB Mackensie Alexander (ribs)
- CB Bashaud Breeland (groin)
- S Camryn Bynum (ankle)
- LB Eric Kendricks (biceps)
- DT Sheldon Richardson (knee)
- LB Nick Vigil (ribs)
- DT Armon Watts (knee)
No players listed
We know about Cook’s situation and I’m pretty sure that we can safely rule him out for this one. Barr is doing what, again, seems to be the usual Barr thing in preparation for the rest of the week, while Darrisaw left the Niners’ game late with an ankle issue. The list for the Vikings so far this week is a pretty long one, but we’ll have to see how things change when the team has an actual practice tomorrow.
- LB Trey Flowers (knee)
- WR KhaDarel Hodge (illness)
- CB Bobby Price (shoulder)
- LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin (shoulder)
- OT Penei Sewell (illness)
- RB D’Andre Swift (shoulder)
- WR Trinity Benson (knee)
- DE Michael Brockers (knee)
- OT Matt Nelson (ankle)
- G Halapoulivaati Vaitai (concussion)
No players listed
Swift, much like Cook, appears to have already been ruled out of Sunday’s game with a shoulder issue. Flowers and Sewell could both be significant losses for the Lions in this one as well if their conditions don’t improve throughout the week. Like the Vikings, the Lions report is pretty lengthy and has several situations that are definitely worth following.
We’ll follow up with tomorrow’s injury report to see how some of these situations have progressed.