We know that the 2021 NFL Schedule is coming out today at 7:00 PM Central time, and that teams (including the Minnesota Vikings) will be releasing those schedules via social media about 15 minutes before that.
However, we’re not in the business of waiting, so we’re attempting to put together the schedule before it becomes official through a combination of rumors, leaks, and other things.
Below is the schedule as we have it so far. This will continue to be updated when we get new news.
Minnesota Vikings 2021 Schedule
|PS1||13/14 Aug||Denver Broncos||U.S. Bank Stadium||Local|
|PS2||20/21 Aug||Indianapolis Colts||U.S. Bank Stadium||Local|
|PS3||27/28 Aug||Kansas City Chiefs||GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium||Local|
|1||12 Sep||Cincinnati Bengals||Paul Brown Stadium||Noon||FOX|
|2||19 Sep||Arizona Cardinals||State Farm Stadium||3:05 PM||FOX|
|3||26 Sep||Seattle Seahawks||U.S. Bank Stadium||3:25 PM||FOX|
|4||3 Oct||Cleveland Browns||U.S. Bank Stadium||Noon||CBS|
|5||10 Oct||Detroit Lions||U.S. Bank Stadium||Noon||FOX|
|6||17 Oct||Carolina Panthers||Bank of America Stadium||Noon||FOX|
|8||31 Oct||Dallas Cowboys||U.S. Bank Stadium||7:20 PM||NBC|
|9||7 Nov||Baltimore Ravens||M&T Bank Stadium||Noon||FOX|
|10||14 Nov||Los Angeles Chargers||SoFi Stadium||3:05 PM||FOX|
|11||21 Nov||Green Bay Packers||U.S. Bank Stadium||Noon||FOX|
|12||28 Nov||San Francisco 49ers||Levi's Stadium||3:25 PM||FOX|
|13||5 Dec||Detroit Lions||Ford Field||Noon||CBS|
|14||9 Dec (Thu)||Pittsburgh Steelers||U.S. Bank Stadium||7:15 PM||FOX/NFL Network/Amazon|
|15||20 Dec (Mon)||Chicago Bears||Soldier Field||7:15 PM||ESPN|
|16||26 Dec||Los Angeles Rams||U.S. Bank Stadium||Noon||FOX|
|17||2 Jan||Green Bay Packers||Lambeau Field||7:20 PM||NBC|
|18||9 Jan||Chicago Bears||U.S. Bank Stadium||Noon||FOX|
As far as sourcing the stuff that we already have filled in, here’s where we’re getting everything.
- The NFL has already confirmed the Week 1 matchups that will have the Vikings hitting the road to start the season against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune is reporting that the Vikings will play in prime time on Halloween this year, hosting the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday Night Football.
- And it wouldn’t be an NFL season without a trip to Soldier Field in prime time, as our friends at Windy City Gridiron are reporting that the Vikings will meet the Chicago Bears on Monday, 20 December.
- A few more from Goessling for the end part of the schedule. The Vikings will have back-to-back road games at the Baltimore Ravens and at the Los Angeles Chargers in Weeks 9 and 10. They will also host the Los Angeles Rams in Week 15 and travel to Lambeau Field for Sunday Night Football against the Packers in Week 16 as things stand right now.
- We’re hearing word that the two matchups between the Vikings and the Detroit Lions will be happening in Week 5 (at Minnesota) and Week 13 (at Detroit).
- Our friends from Pride of Detroit are reporting that the Lions and Packers will be matching up in Week 17. That means that, for the fifth time in the past six years, the regular season finale will be Bears at Vikings. It also continues the Bears’ streak of being the Vikings’ final home game for every season of U.S. Bank Stadium’s existence.
- Dustin Baker from our friends over at Vikings Territory has posted what he is reporting is the entire leaked schedule. I have updated the spreadsheet above to reflect that. If there are changes, I will make them. I’m also waiting on broadcast times and networks for the non-prime time games as well.
- Our friend Arif is reporting that the Vikings’ first preseason game will be at home against the Denver Broncos, and the two teams will be holding joint practices beforehand.
That’s what we’ve got so far, folks. Again, as we get more news, we’ll have it for you here!