Our selections are in, and it’s time to see how the folks that provide the content for your favorite Minnesota Vikings website are picking matchups around the NFL in Week 3 of the 2021 season.
Things got a bit better for us last week after a rough Week 1. Well, a bit better for some of us, anyway. Here’s a look at how the picks broke for everyone in Week 2.
- Ed Brodmarkle: 10-6 straight-up, 11-5 against the spread, 8-8 over/under
- Eric Thompson: 10-6 straight-up, 10-6 against the spread, 9-7 over/under
- Warren Ludford: 10-6 straight-up, 8-7 against the spread, 6-10 over/under
- Christopher Gates: 9-7 straight-up, 5-11 against the spread, 13-3 over/under
- GA Skol: 7-9 straight-up, 7-8 against the spread, 10-6 over/under
For the first two weeks of the season, here’s how each of us rank in the three different categories.
- Ed Brodmarkle: 20-13
- Warren Ludford: 18-15
- GA Skol: 17-16
- Eric Thompson: 17-16
- Christopher Gates: 16-17
Against the Spread
- Ed Brodmarkle: 20-12
- GA Skol: 17-14
- Warren Ludford: 16-15
- Eric Thompson: 13-19
- Christopher Gates: 12-20
- Christopher Gates: 24-9
- GA Skol: 19-13
- Eric Thompson: 17-16
- Warren Ludford: 16-17
- Ed Brodmarkle: 14-19
In short, do not listen to me if you’re actually gambling on these games. Unless you’re just doing over/unders. Then you might be okay (though I’m already 0-1 in that category for this week).
With that, here are all of our selections for this week’s action.
There aren’t very many games that we have disagreements on this week, which is either really good or really bad. Here are the games where we have differences of opinion.
- Falcons at Giants: GA Skol has Atlanta, everyone else has New York
- Bengals at Steelers: Eric has Cincinnati, everyone else has Pittsburgh
- Saints at Patriots: Warren and Chris have New England, everyone else has New Orleans
- Packers at 49ers: Ed and Eric have Green Bay, everyone else has San Francisco
As far as our favorite team is concerned, I’m actually quite surprised to see that somehow. . .perhaps flying directly in the face of all logic and common sense. . .all of us are picking the Vikings to end their 7-game losing streak against the Seahawks on Sunday afternoon. The Vikings are listed as the underdogs in this one, which means we all have them covering the spread as well (currently Vikings +1.5). We’re a bit mixed on the scoring output, however. . .Chris and Eric have this game going “over” a total of 55.5 points, while our other three selectors are playing the “under” for this one. Warren and GA Skol also have an over/under total of 55.5, while Ed’s total is slightly lower at 54.5.
Those are our picks for this week, ladies and gentlemen. I hope your picks are going significantly better than ours. . .well, better than mine, anyway, especially if you’re actually gambling on these games.