It’s time for the second injury reports of the week for the Minnesota Vikings and the Cleveland Browns. Unfortunately for the purple, the game is getting closer and, much Leon, the Vikings’ injury report is getting larrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrger.
Too deep a pull? My apologies.
Anyway, we’ll start with the visiting team’s injury report here.
Did Not Participate
- CB Greg Newsom II (calf, already declared out for Sunday)
- C J.C. Tretter (knee)
- OT Jedrick Wills Jr. (ankle)
- OT Jack Conklin (knee)
- OT Chris Hubbard (triceps)
- LB Sione Takitaki (hamstring)
- WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder, upgrade from LP on Wednesday)
- DE Jadeveon Clowney (neck, new addition to injury report)
The Browns’ second injury report bears a great deal of similarity to their first one, with the exception of OBJ being upgraded to a full participant and Clowney being added to the report. The potential for the Browns to be missing two or three starters on the offensive line remains a possibility, but I’m guessing we’ll see some changes on that front on tomorrow’s final report.
In a related story, Jadeveon Clowney plays for the Browns now, I guess. Who knew? (I didn’t know.)
And now, on to the home team.
Did Not Participate
- CB Mackensie Alexander (personal issue)
- CB Bashaud Breeland (illness, new addition to injury report)
- CB Kris Boyd (hamstring, downgrade from LP on Wednesday)
- TE Ben Ellefson (neck, new addition to injury report)
- WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette (toe)
- LB Anthony Barr (knee)
- TE Tyler Conklin (glute/elbow, upgrade from DNP on Wednesday)
- RB Dalvin Cook (ankle)
- K Greg Joseph (right hip, downgrade from FP on Wednesday)
- DT Michael Pierce (elbow/shoulder, new addition to injury report)
- OT Christian Darrisaw (groin)
- CB Harrison Hand (hamstring, upgrade from LP on Wednesday)
- LB Eric Kendricks (hip, upgrade from LP on Wednesday)
- S Xavier Woods (hamstring, upgrade from LP on Wednesday)
Yep, 14 players on the injury report in some capacity for the Vikings on Thursday. It’s worth noting that the four players that got “veteran rest days” on Wednesday (Rashod Hill, Patrick Peterson, Harrison Smith, and Adam Thielen) all returned to practice on Thursday.
The Vikings are suddenly. . .well, not that suddenly, I guess. . .looking a little thin at corner, with three of their top five corners not practicing on Thursday. Still no word on what Alexander is dealing with, but it’s really none of our business. We can just hope that he’s back soon.
There were several upgrades as well, so the news isn’t all bad. Conklin returned to practice as Ellefson (who has been great as a blocker so far this year) was added to today’s report. There were several upgrades to full participation as well, including a pair of starters in Kendricks and Woods. Dalvin Cook continues to practice in a limited capacity, so we’ll have to wait until Friday’s final report to see whether or not he’s going to be able to give it a go on Sunday afternoon.
Final injury reports tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen. Keep your fingers crossed for an increase in good health for the good guys.