It’s the second-to-last week of the regular season, and the guys that power your favorite Minnesota Vikings website are back once again with their selections for this week’s action. The race in two of the three categories that we track as far as accuracy are basically decided. . .congratulations, Eric. . .but one is still pretty well up for grabs.
Here’s how everyone did last week.
- Eric Thompson: 12-4 straight-up, 11-5 against the spread, 11-5 over/under
- Ed Brodmarkle: 11-5 straight-up, 10-6 against the spread, 6-10 over/under
- Christopher Gates: 11-5 straight-up, 7-9 against the spread, 10-6 over/under
- Warren Ludford: 10-6 straight-up, 8-8 against the spread, 11-5 over/under
- GA Skol: 9-7 straight-up, 6-10 against the spread, 6-10 over/under
Everyone was above water with their straight-up picks this week, but a couple of folks also did really well against the spread and with their over/under selections, too. If you’re following us for gambling advice. . .and, let’s be honest, you probably shouldn’t be. . .you would have done alright in Week 16.
Here are the standings in our three major categories so far this year.
- Eric Thompson: 161-78
- Warren Ludford: 147-90
- Christopher Gates: 147-92
- Ed Brodmarkle: 135-88
- GA Skol: 138-101
Against the Spread
- Eric Thompson: 131-108
- Ed Brodmarkle: 110-113
- Warren Ludford: 114-122
- GA Skol: 113-125
- Christopher Gates: 109-130
- Warren Ludford: 132-106
- Christopher Gates: 130-110
- Eric Thompson: 129-111
- GA Skol: 123-116
- Ed Brodmarkle: 110-115
Again, Eric has all but wrapped up both the straight-up and spread titles for this year, but the over/under race is still pretty close. Hell, Eric could wind up pulling that one down, too.
With that, here are our picks for this week. As always, these picks are subject to change all the way up to kickoff, and the lines may have changed since each individual member of the team put their picks in. For the latest betting lines, you can check out our friends at the DraftKings Sportsbook.
Here are the games that there isn’t a consensus for.
- Chiefs at Bengals: Warren has Cincinnati, everyone else has Kansas City
- Raiders at Colts: GA Skol has Las Vegas, everyone else has Indianapolis
- Dolphins at Titans: Ed has Miami, everyone else has Tennessee
- Giants at Bears: Ed and Chris have New York, everyone else has Chicago
- Panthers at Saints: Ed has Carolina, everyone else has New Orleans
- Lions at Seahawks: Ed and Warren have Detroit, everyone else has Seattle
- Browns at Steelers: Chris has Pittsburgh, everyone else has Cleveland
As far as our game. . .well, given the news that came down on Friday morning, it probably isn’t surprising to see that all of us are predicting that the final nail goes into the coffin of the Vikings’ playoff hopes on Sunday night in Green Bay.
GA Skol got his picks in early, so he didn’t get to take advantage of the jump in the betting line (though he still can if he wants to change things before kickoff). Warren and I have the Vikings keeping things close enough to cover the spread, Ed and I are the only ones that sees a low-scoring game in the frigid conditions on Sunday night and is playing the “under.”
Those are the picks for this week, ladies and gentlemen. Wherever you might be, I hope that your picks this season have been better than ours. Well, better than mine, anyway.