Looks like we’ll be hiring Kwesi Adolfo-Mensah. KAM was one of the two finalists the Vikings brought in for a 2nd round of interviews. He is the more analytical of the two. Ryan Poles the other candidate has signed with the Chicago Bears. Kwesi has a background in business with an undergrad degree from Princeton in Economics and a Masters Degree in Economics from Stanford. He’s been working in the NFL since 2013 and, quite frankly, I think he can understand football. He worked his way up in the 49ers Research in Development department eventually managing the department. Then last year he went to the Browns as VP of Football Operations. He relatively young at 40, but is intelligent and has enough experience to be dangerous.
Around DN since the last Open Thread
wludford has more details about the Vikings expected hiring of Kwesi Adolfo-Menash
Chris Gates wrote about the Bears hiring Ryan Poles, the other GM candidate for the Vikings.
Other Vikings News
The Vikings Age has the 10 Worst Decisions by Rick Spielman
Vikings Territory has some rumblings about the GM Hire, CJ Ham’s Contract and Compensatory Picks
Media Selection of the Day
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.