We’ve made it to another Friday at your favorite Minnesota Vikings website, folks. . .and, more importantly, this Friday is Veterans Day in the United States and in many other places around the world (though they may refer to it as Remembrance Day or some other name). This marks the end of hostilities in World War I on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month and has been used to celebrate America’s surviving men and women in uniform ever since.
So, if you know a veteran, take a minute to thank them for what they’ve done. . .and if you are a veteran, allow me to take a moment to thank you myself.
Since the last time we brought you an Open Thread. . .
- Vikings Happy Hour is having almost as much fun as Kirk Cousins is right now. Nah, I’m joking. . .nobody is having as much fun as Kirk Cousins is right now.
- Mark has his weekly look at the college players you should be paying attention to this weekend.
- The second injury reports of the week came out yesterday. Still no Josh Allen for the Bills. Final reports drop later today.
That’s all we got to you yesterday. . .was a bit busy, unfortunately.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.