Norske Thorsday, everybody! Week 17 in the National Football League kicks off tonight with (mercifully) the final Thursday Night Football game of the season, and we’re just a little bit closer to our Minnesota Vikings taking the field once again. We’ve got a little ways to go but, as always, we promise that we’ll get you there.
Since the last time we brought you an Open Thread. . .
- Greg Joseph received his second NFC Special Teams Player of the Week award yesterday.
- Shawn asks if there’s anything that Justin Jefferson can’t do. (The answer is no.)
- Speaking of Jefferson there’s a new bobblehead coming to honor his new team receiving yardage record.
- Ty Chandler is officially back from injured reserve, and Irv Smith Jr. is returning to practice.
- The first injury reports are out for this week. Pretty short list for the Vikings.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.