Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to your first Open Thread for what is, officially, the offseason for the Minnesota Vikings (and the 31 other teams that don’t matter as much). As we know, the Super Bowl was yesterday, and new Vikings’ head coach Kevin O’Connell is heading to Minnesota with a Super Bowl championship in his pocket as the Los Angeles Rams held off the Cincinnati Bengals by a final score of 23-20.
O’Connell’s hiring will become official sometime this week, I would assume. Once we have an idea of when exactly it will happen, we’ll be all over it.
In other Vikings-related news from yesterday:
- Deshea Townsend is not coming to be the Vikings’ secondary coach after all, as he’s decided that he’s taking his talents to. . .northeast Florida to join the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- On the other hand, the Vikings will be adding former Cleveland Browns’ head coach and Green Bay Packers’ defensive coordinator Mike Pettine to the staff in some sort of role.
Here’s your media selection for today, especially for those of you that celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.