The release of the 2022 NFL schedule is just a couple of days away, and then we’ll finally know exactly who the Minnesota Vikings will be playing in 2022 and when.
Well, actually we already know the “who,” and we have for some time. Here’s a complete list of the teams that the Vikings will face in 2022.
With that, here is what we have for the Minnesota Vikings’ schedule for 2022 as things stand right now. As we get closer to 7:00 PM Central time on Thursday, we will fill in more of these gaps.
What we know so far
- The first game that we learned about will take place in the United Kingdom, as the Vikings will travel to take on the Saints at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in Week 4.
- We also know that the Vikings will be a part of a Monday Night Football doubleheader in Week 2 as they travel to take on the Philadelphia Eagles.
- In addition, it appears that the Vikings’ lone home preseason game for this year will be against the San Francisco 49ers, as the two teams are reportedly looking to schedule some joint practices in Minneapolis.
What we think we know so far
- There have been rumors floating around social media that the Vikings will open the season at home against the New York Football Giants at U.S. Bank Stadium. No official confirmation on that yet, but there has been some buzz about it.
- The last two games of the Vikings’ 2022 season could mirror the way they finished 2021, with a Week 17 trip to Lambeau Field followed by a season finale against Chicago.
- Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald is reporting that the Vikings will be playing on Thanksgiving this year, hosting the New England Patriots in the third game of the Thanksgiving triple-header.
- According to Danny Parkins from 670 The Score in Chicago, the Vikings’ two games against the Bears will be played in Week 5 (in Minnesota) and Week 18 (in Chicago).
- Per the New York Post, the Vikings’ last home game of the year will see them taking on the New York Football Giants on Christmas Eve at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Again, as we get more news or hear more rumors, we will put them out here for your consumption.
Be sure to tune in on Thursday night for a LIVE episode of Vikings Report with Drew and Ted where the schedule will be completely broken down and we’ll talk about how the Vikings are going to go 20-0 this year. Probably.