Welcome, one and all, to your Open Thread for this Tuesday! We’re getting further removed from the 2022 NFL Draft and what the Minnesota Vikings did, which is bad because. . .well, there’s not a damn thing going on. I’m guessing that we’ll start getting rookie contracts signed before too much longer since there’s really no drama involved with that sort of thing anymore, but other than that it’s going to be a bit dull.
Since the last Open Thread
Yours truly sat down with the folks from Bears Talk Underground to talk about a strange Vikings/Bears matchup from 2008.
The Vikings did not exercise the fifth-year option on Garrett Bradbury’s contract, to the surprise of nobody.
Warren broke down the moves that Kwesi Adofo-Mensah made through the course of Draft Weekend.
Around the NFL
The Saints, who the Vikings will reportedly play in London in the early part of this season, signed free agent safety Tyrann Mathieu.
Cardinals’ wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins will miss the first six games of the 2022 season for violating the league’s Performance Enhancing Drug policy.
Media Selection of the Day
More Yacht Rock, you say? Sure, why not?
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.