Welcome to football, ladies and gentlemen! The Minnesota Vikings will have their first padded practice of the year today, and we are less than two weeks away from the preseason opener against the Las Vegas Raiders. How great is that, eh?
Since the last time we brought you an Open Thread. . .
- We finished our Five Good Questions series with Football Outsiders by learning that this year’s projections like the purple. A lot.
- Warren takes a look at what we should expect from the Minnesota offense this season.
- Two Old Bloggers take a look at recent comments from Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and ask: Was Kwesi Wrong?
- There are some intriguing battles to keep an eye on as Training Camp rolls on. Here are some of them.
Something a bit different for our media selection today: Quite possibly the greatest five minutes in game show history, brought to you by the late, great Gilbert Gottfried.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.