Welcome to the weekend, everybody! In just one week. . .well, one week from Sunday, since the Open Thread covers both days of the weekend. . .we’ll be kicking back to watch the preseason opener for your Minnesota Vikings as they take on the Las Vegas Raiders. It’s gonna be so nice to have football back, isn’t it?
Since the last time we brought you an Open Thread. . .
- Why did Brian Asamoah pick the number 33? It’s pretty simple, according to him.
- ESPN expects the Vikings’ offensive line to continue being good at run blocking and bad at pass blocking.
- The Vikings might sign free agent DT Ndamukong Suh at some point, but it doesn’t sound like it’ll be anytime soon.
Yep, got a whole darn playlist for you for this weekend. I loved that album back in the day.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.