We’ve made it to September at your favorite Minnesota Vikings website, ladies and gentlemen! That means it’s officially time for football. . .the season opener will be happening one week from tonight for the league at large, and the purple will open things a week from Sunday when they host Green Bay. It’s gonna be an interesting season, folks, and we hope you’re here for all of it.
Since the last time we brought you an Open Thread. . .
- We were tracking all the waiver claims (there weren’t any) and practice squad signings the Vikings were making. Then the team just announced who they had signed to fill 12 of the 16 practice squad spots.
- The Vikings made another trade yesterday, too, acquiring wide receiver Jalen Reagor from the Philadelphia Eagles. They waived Ihmir Smith-Marsette to make room for him.
- The guys from Norse Code brought us another brand new episode to check out.
- We also did our final live August episode of Vikings Report with Drew and Ted. The next time you’ll see us live is after the regular season opener.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.