Hey, everybody! It’s Wednesday, and we’ve got your Open Thread for today right here for your normal chicanery and shenanigans. Yes, I know that this is “Hump Day” and there’s supposed to be a camel picture involved but. . .well, check the date. There are priorities here.
Since the last time we brought you an Open Thread. . .
- Your Minnesota Vikings, for some reason, opened Week 3 as a near-touchdown favorite over the Detroit Lions.
- Our friends from Climbing the Pocket have both their pre-game and post-game shows from Monday night up and available for your viewing pleasure.
- The guys from Norse Code also have their rundown of the Phlogging in Philly.
- Shawn takes a look at some of the things that helped shut down the Vikings’ offense on Monday night.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.