Well, folks, we’ve made it to the first weekend of 2023! We’ve got a pair of NFL games happening later today, and tomorrow the Minnesota Vikings will finish their 2022 regular season in Chicago against the Nathan Peterman Experience™ and the Chicago Bears. Good stuff, eh?
Since the last time we brought you an Open Thread. . .
- Shawn takes a look back at what happened to Justin Jefferson on Sunday.
- The Vikings waived TE Nick Muse so they can add Irv Smith Jr. to the active roster.
- The final injury reports are out for both the Bears and Vikings ahead of Sunday’s game.
- Norse Code takes a look ahead to Sunday’s game.
- Shawn also takes a look at Josh Metellus blocking a punt for the second week in a row.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.