So there we were, just coasting along with our Undrafted Free Agency tracker after the 2023 NFL Draft got over and done with, and the Minnesota Vikings decided to just let us know that they’ve already agreed to terms with 15 UDFAs.
So, without any further ado, here’s the full list of UDFAs the Vikings have agreed to terms with:
- OL Alan Ali, Texas Christian (Scouting report)
- DT Calvin Avery, Illinois (Scouting report)
- ILB Abraham Beauplan, Marshall
- OLB Andre Carter II, Army (Scouting report)
- OL Jacky Chen, Pace
- CB C.J. Coldon, Oklahoma
- ILB Wilson Huber, Cincinnati
- WR Cephus Johnson, Southeastern Louisiana
- WR Malik Knowles, Kansas State (Scouting report)
- ILB Ivan Pace Jr., Cincinnati (Scouting report)
- K Jack Podlesny, Georgia
- TE Ben Sims, Baylor
- WR Thayer Thomas, N.C. State
- CB NaJee Thompson, Georgia Southern
- CB Jaylin Williams, Indiana
In terms of who the best players are on that list, a look at Dane Brugler’s “Beast” pre-draft guide says that Pace was the #9 linebacker in this year’s draft class and had a fourth-round grade on him. Andre Carter II was his #29 edge rusher and was given a fifth or sixth-round grade. They appear to be the two big prizes for the Vikings in the post-draft signing frenzy as things stand right now.
Unless my math is wrong, these 15 UDFA signings put the Vikings’ roster at 88 players. That means they’ll have two openings on the 90-man rosters. Traditionally, the Vikings have signed a couple of players from tryouts that they have before their Organized Team Activities start, so there’s no need for alarm at a couple of open roster spots at this point.
So, who stands out to you on the Vikings’ list of undrafted free agents? Anyone that you particularly like?