Still no movement.
What could the team do ...
Starting Cap Space
Trade Z. Smith after June 1st. Save 13.823M
Trade Cook after June 1st. Save 11M.
Updated Cap Space
Extend Hockenson 4 yr 58M with a 13M signing bonus & first year salary of 4.08M. Save 2.649M
Cap hits: 6.68M, 13.52M, 16.6M, 18.6M, 2.6M (one void year added)
Cummulative Cash flow: 17.08M, 28M, 42M, 58M
Extend Hunter 3 yr 63M with a 20M signing bonus, 5M roster bonus, and 4.9M first year salary. Costs 9M
Cap hits: 22.12M, 21.12M, 31.12M, 4M, 4M (two void years added)
Cummulative Cash flow: 30.5M, 42M, 63M
Extend Jefferson 4 yr 128M with a 25M signing bonus and a 15M option bonus in 2024. Costs 5M
Cap hits: 9.175M, 20M, 31M, 34M, 35M, 3M (one void year added)
Cummulative Cash flow: 25M, 52M, 75M, 101M, 128M
Ending cap space
In 2024, if they release H. Smith it will save 11.384M in cap space giving them $46,060,857 in cap space.
They have 28M in dead money as a place holder for Kork which can be used for an extension.
They will have to make decisions on in-house free agents ...
Marcus Davenport, Ezra Cleveland, KJ Osborn, DJ Wonnum, and a bunchof others that do not make too much (less than 2M).
They could be in excellent position to make a splash in free agency if they want.
Players that might be interesting, Cesar Ruiz C, Natene Muti G, Geno Stone S, Donovan Peoples-Jones WR, Jeff Okudah CB, Grant Delpit S, Cameron Dantzler CB, Isaiah Simmons LB, Mack Wilson LB, Willie Gay Jr CB, Jeremy Chinn S, Quinnen Williams DT.
Since yore last open thread ...
Not sure the team is going to spend much beyond the minimum on any additional players .
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm