I’m excited for the start of the season and to see the starters finally play. I hope they are ready to go. I think they will be.
I wonder if Kwesi is considering any trades? Is Chris Jones worth the investment in draft picks and cap space? Is he even available?
Could they get him and then be able to address the QB position for next year? Giving up draft picks would eliminate a draft pick. My guess is an extension for Cousins.
I’d love to see a trade!
Since yore last open thread ...
- Vikings to sign RB Myles Gaskin, waive WR Jalen Reagor
- Report: Vikings to sign OL David Quessenberry
- Vikings sign 12 players to practice squad
Other Vikings stuff ...
Not sure this means anything really. Maybe that Spielman and company did a good job of identifying players that can stick in the NFL?
Too bad it has not translated to more playoff wins for the Vikings which is really the bottom line.
Twentyman: Minnesota was an unbelievable 11-0 last season in regular-season games decided by eight points or less, including a record-setting comeback against the Indianapolis Colts where they trailed 33-0 at the half.
The Vikings finished last season with a minus-three-point differential, which is wild to think about for a team that was 13-4. No other team in NFL history with at least 12 wins was outscored over the course of the season. The ball bounced Minnesota’s way just about every single time last season and that’s hard to duplicate two years in a row.
PICK 23. MINNESOTA VIKINGS: WR JORDAN ADDISON, USC
PFF grade: 84.5
Addison played in only one of the Vikings’ three preseason games. In that lone outing, he earned an 84.7 receiving grade on 27 snaps.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm